Friday, June 10, 2005

Bowled Over with Her New Business


Marian's Bowls from dbO Home

My client, Dana Brandwein, went from being a marketing director at Elektra Records for rock and alternative notables to the director of everything (for now!) at her new company, dbO Home, the site for beautiful one-of-a kind home furnishing accessories. "Homey elegance" is the phase I like to use to describe her collection of fine ceramics because her designs are both sophisticated and down-to-earth.Just like her. Prior to marketing cool products for the home, she was out there marketing cool sounds for your groove for the likes of Metallica, AC/DC, Bjork, Natalie Merchant, Ziggy Marley, Jet, Stereolab, Linda Ronstadt and Pantera.

In her own words "dbO Home was founded March 31, 2005, one year to the date of the umpteenth giant record label merger of my nearly 20 year career in the music business. Yes, I was working for the man (albeit the rock 'n roll man) for almost two decades. And I loved almost every minute of it. But when the business forgot about the music, which was my passion, it was time to follow another. So I packed up my gold plaques and photos and I went home."

And created her new home. dbO Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home